Project title: IT PRODUCTION TECHNOLOGY FOR CUSTOM GARMENT
Coordinated by the Region of Nord-Pas de Calais, CROSSTEXNET programme draws together 17 research funding agencies on regional and national level in a co-operation project aiming at “making more and smarter funding available to European textile research, on a permanent basis, by exploiting the potentials of international co-ordination and programming of research programmes.”
Within the context above, CROSSTEXNET is distinguished to be an operative initiative supplying resources for cooperation. Its ambition is to transfer policy and strategy oriented documents to the level of beneficiaries, hereby providing a tool for implementation of research policies and strategies.
The project proposal was submitted to the 4th Call of the CROSSTEXNET programme and was declared eligible for funding. The project, ITProTech kicks off on 31th July 2013 in Bucharest.
The project “IT PRODUCTION TECHNOLOGY FOR CUSTOM GARMENT” aims at carrying out certain complex, interdisciplinary researches with the purpose of elaborating an IT production technology for custom garment which will establish a new paradigm for real-time clothing fitting and visualization.
The main objective of the proposal is to create two new and interlinked technologies of high added value:
· database with garment models and patterns in classical style or according to fashion trends;
· advanced customized clothing production technology platform, enabling the production and distribution of custom-made garments.
The context of the project:
Most industries these days use computers to test their products before they produce them in real-life. Rather than producing a physical sample before a garment’s look and fit is tested, virtual fitting means seeing the garment on the computer first, to detect and correct problems early in the development process, rather than weeks down the line.
The novelty of the project consists in gathering the software and equipments in one IT based production technology platform that will increase the access of the SMEs from clothing industries to technologies that create personalized garments for their clients according to the fashion trends. Also, the utilization of the IT production technology platform will increase the flexibility and adaptability of the SME’s, sustaining the development of competitiveness in knowledge based economy and society.
· Elaborate the technical specification of the IT production technology platform for design and fitting the custom garments
· Design, develop and upgrade the database with garments models and pattern according to the classic style and the fashion trends;
· Design and develop the IT production technology platform for design and fitting the garments providing users with information and tools;
· Development of new technical solutions to manufacture personalised garments enabling a fast reaction to the new trends.
The project workpackages are the following:
I. System requirement specifications
II. Production technology platform design and development
III. Production technology platform integration and tests. Management and dissemination and exploitation
The ITProTech project contributes to the development of the innovative elements:
· IT production technology platform;
· selection of models and patterns in classical style or according to fashion trends related to the product’s final use and design;
· new manufacturing and business model enabling customised garments.
Expected exploitable results:
1. Design, develop and continually upgrade the database with garments models and pattern according to the classic style and the fashion trends;
2. Design and develop the IT production technology platform for design and fitting the garments providing users with information and tools as well as an integration framework;
3. Development of new technical solutions to manufacture personalized garments enabling a fast reaction to the new trends.